Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hello Again {I'm still here}

Hello Friends! 

It has been so long!  Hope you are well.  Did not plan to take such a long hiatus, but, you know....moving is hard!



Where were we last time?  Oh yeah, you all were kindly helping me with this design dilemma...the ugly former wet bar turned cheesy half-assed desk.  Funky in a bad way.



You all had some fantastic ideas!  If you missed them, check back to the post and see all the great suggestions.


As per usual for me, I cannot make a decision without taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R, so here is what the space currently looks like:




I had the upper cabinet and everything else (except the plumbing) taken out.  With the fresh paint, it looks really clean and fresh, which I like.  This will do for now.    
No idea what will come next.

However, I do like the idea of something like this:


(Grey and Scout)

A small chest with a tall arrangement and some art would fill the space nicely and give me some much needed storage.  Been looking for one that is just the right size.


I have also made a little progress with my books.  Still have more books in storage, but making headway.


(sorry for the crummy iphone pics...too lazy to learn to use my nice camera ;)

 


If you follow me on Instagram (@homesweethollywood), you know that I finally made a decision on a rug for the living room.  Was hemming and hawwing (are those real words?) but got a much needed kick in the pants when West Elm put all rugs on sale 30% off!  Funny how that works.


 
 

 
 West Elm's Amer Wool Dhurrie rug, which is deceiving because it's not wool.  It's a beautiful linen and cotton blend that is hand-dyed so there are many different shades of blue.  I knew in a minute it was perfect for my room.  Done :)


So that's what I've been up to...how about you?  How has your summer been?  It flew by for me in a blur of boxes, packing paper and bubble wrap. 

If you're still here, thanks for hanging around!  I really look forward to hearing from you.  Have a great weekend.



#helloagain

xo

~Karen~
 


16 comments:

  1. Karen, Thanks for your email :-)

    The rug is fabu as is your book nook. Just fresh paint and getting the cardboard boxes out is enough. Sit back and blog!!! please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. L>O>V>E> the rug...and you did a lovely job styling the bookcases. Hard to keep it serene...and you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back! You place is starting to look quite pretty:) I can't believe you took those pictures with your iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have found your blog :)
    I'm impressed with how quickly you are making progress in your new home. It took me forever to get stuff unpacked! Love how you've styled your bookcases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your back and your home looks great...taking out the funky desk and bar was a great idea...it looks so much better...I'm headed over to West Elm... Love the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving is tough and glad to see you surface, and thanks for visiting our blog! Love the WE rug and best of luck with settling in!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are back! Love the updates and peeks into your new place! Don't be a stranger, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, Thanks so much for stopping by and entering the glassybaby giveaway! Spread the word!

    Your home is so pretty:) I like your book shelf arrangement and all your styling accessories. The West Elm rug is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the way you styled your bookshelves! I have the same ones and have been wanting to try organizing my books according to color. Yours looks so great that I am putting it on my to do list this weekend! Great rug choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering where you've been! But I can still keep track of you through Instagram :) Hope you're enjoying your new home. Now it's the fun part....decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have missed you! Can you believe I was wondering what you did about that wet bar, no joke. Believe me, I get it about taking forever on decisions. Who cares, it's not going anywhere. Love the rug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Karen! Your bookshelves and rug are fantastic, so I'd say you are well on your way :) Slow and steady wins the race... Or at least that's what I tell myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Karen! Your bookshelves and rug are fantastic, so I'd say you are well on your way :) Slow and steady wins the race... Or at least that's what I tell myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just finding time to get to your blog. Been following with Instagram! Love your space and your bookshelf. Also have some serious fig tree envy. I cannot hardly find them up here in Nor Cal!

    Looking forward to reading more of your archive too! xKim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you are making headway with your new home. I'm trying to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete